Monday, August 20, 2012

Nail Polish haul: Revlon Colorstay review + swatch

I was feeling a little down today and I thought I would treat myself to a little nail polish to cheer myself up. Needless to say...

nails, swatch, provence, vintage rose, marmalade, bare bones, red carpet

It kind of turned into a nail polish haul! What a nice pick me up =]

CVS currently has all revlon polishes on sale through Aug. 25 for 4.99 plus an additional $3.00 extrabucks back EACH!
(This comes out to $1.99- too good of a deal to pass on)
These Revlon colorstay were $8.29 at my local CVS: so I'm saving $6.30 a bottle!



Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel claims gel-like shine and up to 11 days of shatterproof color. It was the first time I cam across them. They come in so many beautiful shades, I can't wait to collect more.

nails, provence, swatch, vintage rose, red carpet, marmalade, bare bones


I bought the base coat and will be back for the top coat- a must if you want it to last the 11 days.

Review:

I am in LOVE with this nail polish.

  • The applicator brush is perfection- rounded at the bottom for precision and flat, making applying nail polish super easy to do.
  • nice range of colors and well-pigmented
  • only requires 2 coats at most
 I chose to try provence. Even though it's pastel, the color goes on very opaque which I fell in love with (hard to find these days)

provence, swatch
provence

Overall I am very impressed with this drugstore polish! I definitely recommend it, especially at $1.99. I'll be going back for round 2.

bare bones, swatch
bare bones
bare bones- nice, neutral beige. this was the only color i applied a 3rd coat to
red carpet, swatch
red carpet
red carpet- the perfect deep red shade. super pigmented, very classy
vintage rose, swatch
vintage rose
 vintage rose- it did have that vintage feel. this shade caught my eye because I don't have anything quite like it. More appropriate for fall though
marmalade, swatch
marmalade
marmalade- more orange than red, it's perfect for summer. super bright and shiny

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.  Feel free to comment <3

1 comment:

  1. Tip: If your local CVS doesn't carry these yet- don't worry! Ask for a rain check--> they'll give you a slip for the sale price (including extrabucks) and you can come back later, even after the sale has ended. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete