Thursday, July 26, 2012

NOTD: Helly Kitty Nails


A while ago, I was scrolling through random google images and came upon a particular hello kitty nail art by chibinails. I thought to myself, looks easy enough. The above picture is my version of their HK nails, and since I don't have fancy nail art tools, I used everyday household products.


First, I painted my nails halfway with alternating red and white colors. I used Essie's Russian red and a white polish by sally Hansen. Then I shaped the french tip to my liking by dipping a Q-tip in acetone: this way you get nice smooth lines. The white polka dots are accomplished by dipping the end of a bobby pin in white nail polish.  I used the tip of a toothpick with the eyes, nose, and whiskers since those are more delicate.  Finally, for the bow, I made 3 dots with the bobby pin end, and then used the toothpick to pull the color from the outer dots to make a triangle shape for the bow.  Lastly I topped it off with a rhinestone. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment